Monday, March 13, 2006

Some of the most irritating/annoying things in life according to me!

I just decided to put on a list of qualities( behaviorial predominantly) in people that irritate me the most:

1. Hypocritical People: I mean people who do not follow what they preach. The truth lot of us tend to forget is what we advise others and we forget that we have to set an example for others to follow. Sometimes I admit I dont follow what I preach to everyone 100% but following what you preach 90% of the time is great. An example : I met a doctor and asked him about maintaining low cholesterol and he asked me to cut down on fatty foods, avoid junk foods especially and then I saw him in the corridor with a Snickers bar in his hand after I was out of the room. I have seen lot of doctors comment about exercising to live a healthy lifestyle when they never exercise or follow a diet control mechanism on their own. Isn't this what we call "RIDICULOUS" ???

2. Hotch-Potchers: I know some pals who talk so much trash and are so much BS that it irritates the hell out of me. The most annoying thing is because of the fact that they do not know the topic under discussion well but just pretend to know.

For example, Let me narrate an incident:

I have a friend who is an Electrical Engineer and knows hotch-potch( a term i use if someone has half-baked or little knowledge if anything at all)about Computer Security but he went on arguing at dinner about how Windows is the worst in terms of Security and when I told him to take a look at Motorola Q and said that Microsoft has done a decent job in terms of security and explained to him the certification concept they have used for signing.He was adamant and replied "Dude...Are you nuts!! Microsoft means vulnerable". I gave up and just realised that there is no point in arguing with people who claim they are right even though they are 100% wrong. Sometimes people are not ready to say " I dont know" or " I am not sure" even though they mentally know that these are one of the answers they honestly have to answer.

3. Gossip Mongers and Commenters: We all love some gossip whether it is human or celebrity or sports or movies. I think its very human to gossip, but there is a fine line between necessary gossip and mindless gossiping. The fine line has to be drawn by the individual himself. If the individiual does not, everyone around starts talking about him/her the same way he/she talks about everyone else. Don't people realize that we spend too much time dissecting into someone else's life than our own? I admit I make comments about others myself but I dont cross the fine line of just gossiping crap. So do the necessary gossip to enjoy your social life but never cross the line!

4. Complainers: I hate people who complain that the whole world is wrong except themselves. There are so many instances when we need to introspect our own actions but we believe bad circumstances or bad karma caused a particular unpleasant incident/occurence. It is easy to point fingers to anyone and everyone but oneself. When something goes wrong, the first thing we look at is to blame someone else...and people who show these qualities are the ones you must avoid being with or even socializing with. How unfair is it that when there is success, we want self-credit (not even share it with someone who deserves equal credit) but when there is failure, we never blame one-self??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice blog but dont u think u are being judgemental. Firstly, all these traits are there in all the people to some extent. Also these are natural things. Instead of getting irritated, we should ignore them, because you urself may be doing the same thing at some point of time. And this comes under category no 1 of people

Anonymous said...

Dont u think u are over reacting. Its better to ignore these common traits than to drill ur brain on it.

snnprasad said...

I agree that the blog is judgemental. Any human being can easily belong to one or many of these categories and all I said was that these are characteristics of people i dont like. If you disagree answer me the following questions:
1. Would you like to be friends with people who say one thing and do exactly the opposite?
2. If someone keeps arguing incorrectly about a topic in an area of your expertise and they dont stop doing so even after being asked to do so.... what do you do?
3. Would like a true critic( one who provides constructive criticism) or someone who just comments on something that matters to you?
4. Would you like to be with someone who gets things done or moves on in case of failure or would you like being with people who keep saying " X was wrong or Y was not done well and so I cannot do my job? " not once...but a lot of times?